Effective January 1, 2019 new mental health and substance use services are available with NYS Children’s Medicaid or Managed Care plan.
What are the services?
Therapy Services (Other Licensed Practitioner)
- Assessments for mental health and/or substance use needs
- Identify strengths and abilities through individual and group therapies
- Get individual, group, or family therapy where you are most comfortable
Rehabilitation Services (Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Community Psychiatric Supports & Treatment)
- Learn to incorporate therapy goals into everyday life and receive extra support managing medication
- Build relationships and communicate better with family, friends and others
- Learn self-care, and use coping skills to manage emotions
Family Peer Support Services (Anticipated to Begin July 2019)
- Get support if you are raising youth with mental health and/ or substance use challenges
- Provided by a Credentialed Family Peer Advocate/Certiﬁed Recovery Peer Advocate who has similar experiences
- Get support and assistance with:
- Locating information and resources available to meet the youth/family’s needs
- Making informed decisions
- Building and strengthening natural supports and resources
Who can get these services?
Children and Youth (under age 21) who are covered by Medicaid and have mental health and/or substance use needs can get Children and Family Treatment and Support Services at no additional cost.